Pure & Natural
Our products are created from only pure and natural ingredients and 100% pure therapeutic grade essential oils. We are passionate about providing healthy skin care solutions and natural alternative treatments you can feel good about using on the most delicate skin.
Did you know that over 80% of the world uses plants as their primary form of medicine? If plants are potent and powerful enough to use as medicine, they must provide some amazing benefits to support a healthy life and healthy skin!
At LifeWorks Skin Essentials we believe that the earth has provided us with an abundance of plant based natural ingredients that are compatible with the human body. The power of potent plants has been proven throughout history by their use in traditional medicine. When the power of these ancient concepts is properly harnessed, there is no need for added chemicals that are not meant to be absorbed by the human body, and disrupt its normal function. We only use ingredients from nature to support a healthy life, and to provide solutions that actually work.
But natural products are more expensive. Why should I choose natural products over mainstream products? And why are natural products more expensive?
Natural products are more expensive because they contain ingredients that are grown naturally are harvested at the peak time, and cost more money than lab created chemicals and synthetic fragrances. Mainstream products typically contain large amounts of water, which is inexpensive, while natural products typically contain less water and more of the natural oils and ingredients that actually provide health benefits and nutrition for the skin. Because natural products and their ingredients have a shorter shelf life than mainstream products that contain chemicals and preservatives, they are often made in smaller batches, increasing the cost of production.
Why is natural better for you? Have you read the labels of your favorite products that are not natural? Are there lots of things you don't know what they are and can't pronounce? Many of these ingredients are parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances, and chemicals that were never meant to be applied to the human skin. Did you know that everything that you apply to your skin is absorbed through the skin into your body? And that within less than 30 seconds these chemicals can permeate every cell within the body? Would you drink something full of chemicals? If you shouldn't ingest something, you also should not apply it to your skin, as it will end up IN your body. Many of these harmful ingredients are known carcinogens, endocrine disruptors., and skin irritants and are causing people severe problems. This is why we choose only natural ingredients made by nature. No chemicals. No synthetic fragrances. Only pure and natural ingredients that provide specific benefits to the skin. Products for your healthy life, that actually work.
So what are ingredients that you should avoid that may be harmful or cause other health issues? www.ewg.org (Environmental Working Group) is full of lots of information on what is harmful, and what is not, and is a great source of information on ingredients and products. This is a brief list of ingredients and information straight from their website that they recommend you avoid due to potentially harmful side effects:
- BHA: carcinogen, can cause skin depigmentation, liver damage and stomach cancers and interferes with normal reproductive system development and thyroid hormone levels.
- Boric acid and Sodium borate: disrupt hormones and harm the male reproductive system., should not be used on broken skin as they can absorb readily into the body.
- Formaldehyde: carcinogen asthmagen, neurotoxicant and developmental toxicant.
- Formaldehyde releasers – Bronopol, DMDM hydantoin, Diazolidinyl urea, Imidzaolidinyl urea and Quaternium-15: carcinogen, can trigger allergic skin reactions and cause the development of contact allergies
- Fragrance: made of chemicals, can contain hormone disruptors, are among the top 5 allergens in the world.
- Methylisothiazolinone, methylchloroisothiazolinone and benzisothiazolinone: preservatives which are among the most common irritants, sensitizers and causes of contact allergy, and may be neurotoxic.
- Parabens (specifically Propyl-, Isopropyl-, Butyl-, and Isobutyl- parabens): estrogen-mimicking preservatives that may disrupt the endocrine system and cause reproductive and developmental disorders.
- PEGs/Ceteareth/Polyethylene compounds: synthetic chemicals which are frequently contaminated with 1,4-dioxane, considered a carcinogen which readily penetrates the skin.
- Phthalates: carcinogen, damages the reproductive system
- Toluene: potent neurotoxicant, acts as an irritant, impairs breathing and causes nausea, associated with toxicity to the immune system.
- Triclosan & Triclocarban: disrupts thyroid function and reproductive hormones, overuse may promote the development of bacterial resistance.
- Vitamin A compounds (retinyl palmitate, retinyl acetate, retinol): an essential nutrient but not necessarily safe for use on skin, can increase skin sensitivity, sunlight breaks down vitamin A to produce toxic free radicals that can damage DNA and hasten skin lesions and tumors.
This is why we choose to use natural ingredients on our own family, and provide natural options to help you support your family's health and wellness.
Natural products, especially those that contain water, are susceptible just like any other product, to the potential growth of microbes and bacteria when contaminated during product use. Therefore, it is sometimes necessary to use preservatives to inhibit the growth of potentially harmful microbes. When it is necessary to prevent contamination in a product, we only use naturally occurring, chemical free, ingredients for microbial control and to sustain the life of a product. This practice furthers the support of a healthy life, while ensuring that our products and solutions work.